Makes 4 servings
- 950 ML (4 cups) apple cider
- 1 sliced apple
- 1 sliced orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 whole cloves (or substitute wood avens root)
- 1 whole cinnamon stick (maybe some hogweed seeds)
- 2 teaspoons Lapsang Souchong tea (if you don’t have this you could maybe add in a bit of burnt oak wood and some black tea)
- 250 ml (1/2 cup) rum, whisky or bourbon
1. Bring apple cider, cloves, cinnamon stick, apple and orange slices and honey to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let the spices infuse until desired strength, about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove cover, raise heat, and bring back to a boil.
4. Stir in Lapsang Souchong tea leaves, reduce heat to a simmer and let steep to desired strength, about 4 to 6 minutes.
5. Strain mixture, stir in alcohol and ladle into cups or let cool completely. Serve hot or cold… Enjoy!